Friday, October 1, 2010

Current event #2

Elephants all-wheel animals

The scientists invented a new system to know if the elephants bend down their legs. The elephant has four legs, he is a quadruped, but he uses them in a special way. They use them in a way that not another animal with four legs does it. The elephants use the two front legs like humans. The scientists videotaped the elephants how did they walk and run. They used research scales to measure how the elephants walk and run.

In comparison to an animal that everybody should know, a rabbit, an elephant does nearly the same thing. A rabbit uses his back legs to jump and the front legs to stop. An elephant uses his front legs to walk an stop.

I my opinion this is a really unique way to walk and run for a quadruple animal that is heavy and fat. It is a rare way how to use the legs. I think that this article is very interesting because I never thought that a big and fat animal could bend its legs like a human. I find this article very useful because it's a way how to understand characteristics of this animal.

Source: www.scienceforkids.org/articles/20100414/Note3.asp
Author: Stephen Omes
Date: April 14, 2010
Due date: September 29, 2010

2 comments:

  1. It was quite awkward to read the strange article which gave me a thought, it included the concept of the topic however some were probably grammar or mistakes, and something was weird when you said "he" as to elephants. Nice article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the article that you chose was different then what people usually choose. Because I never really thought about the way that elephants walk.I found it interesting but it was a little hard to follow because of the grammatical errors but that's something that is easy to fix.But besides from that I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete