Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wave interaction with barriers

Guiding question: what happens when a wave hits a barier? 

Hypotesis: my hypotesis is when a wave hits a barier sometimes it gose through it but some times it bounces back?

Exploration (plan to do a test):
1) gather materials that you will need to do this lab
2) fill up the recipient (with water)
3) get 3 rolls Plasticine
4) create barrier
5) shake the table (create a disturbance)
6) observe and write down what you see (drawing form or writing or both)

Materials: 2 rolls of plasticine, a recipient, water.

Record and analyze: what I did was having diffrent trials. The first was creating a barrier with one roll. The 4 trial was with 2 (this is what I wrote in my notebook under the picture I drew) (I shake the recipient from one end and it did like the sonic wave. The second trial Ii got the role and put it one side and the other one in the other side, I shook the continer and the two waves crashed one into each other like a car crash or an airplane crash.

Conclusion: in some occasions of the lab my hypotesis was right and in some it was not. It was kind of complicated to descirbe a drawing that you drew in words because it is not the same thing, but I was not wrong in what I said. My hypotesis was actually right.

Further inquiry: if I did this lab again I would draw better what was happening and write better what I drew, but it is kind of hard to draw what is happening. At the end you mange to do it.For me it is easier to say orally than in written what is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment