Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Current event #8

Young, Unsupervised Children Most at Risk for Dog Bites, Study Shows; Dogs Often Target a Child's Face and Eyes

In one of Colorado's hospital several kids were bitten by their dogs. The doctors analyzed the cases and came up with some answers. They found out that the dogs bite 5 year-old kids and younger, especially 3 year-old children because they are shorter and easier to reach. The dog will bite if the kid provokes it by petting it too aggressively, stepping on it or frightening him. The most frequent injuries are in face and eyes.  The dogs that mostly attack are: mixed breeds, Labrador retriever, Rottweiler and Golden retrievers. Usually they are the dogs that a person knows. They attack more than once. 

This is very interesting to me because I have three dogs and it is useful to other people as well. I learned a lot of new things. I didn't know that the dogs frequently attack in the face. I think that knowing this I will be more careful with my dogs and I will try not to torture them. 

Taken from: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101109133233.htm
Author: Science daily
Date: November 12, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment